Thursday, November 26, 2009

Spicy Black Bean Soup


Review of Pacific Foods
Spicy Black Bean Soup
it is both gluten free, and vegan.

I used some to thicken a casserole, it gave the casserole both thickness and added taste. I heated some up in a bowl with a little water, and ate it as a soup, it was very filling. I packed some in a Thermos with noodles in my child's lunch and the thermos came back empty. I would of liked to put some on some plain rice, but I don't have any more.

I really like how Pacific Foods has clear allergy information on it's website,though not all of their soups are dairy free, they provide clear information on other food allergens so i give them full credit.

I have also used their dairy free soups to thicken Sheppard's pies and other casseroles.

See their web site here for coupons.

No comments: