Monday, March 16, 2015

Books and More Books

From the Gecko's Foot "Milk is a foodstuff but the protein it contains, casein can be processed to make a useful plastic. Before the advent of synthetic plastics, milk plastic was used to make small objects such as buttons.

Before reading The Gecko's Foot I posted on my Chemurgy and Allergens Blog about Casein Buttons.

Buttons Made From Milk Protein Casein

I was delighted to see some allergy books for tweens and teens on Food Allergy (as well as asthma) at the library. Most libraries have kid allergy books but few have books for young people. They may be more interested in learning some of the science behind their allergy, and reading about the social issues, like collage and work with allergies, as well as dating and taking responsibility for their food allergy. I believe that young people should read and learn about their age appropriate allergy issues not just from parents. (as important as this is)

Another book I recomend for anyone with a food allergy, but mostly for young adults with food allergy(s) is Don't Kill The Birthday Girl.

Full Disclosure: All these books I found or borrowed at my city library.

For Books for Children See: Kid Allergy Books

1 comment:

Gratefulfoodie said...

Thanks for the review, I had not heard about the Gecko's Foot book before. I'll check it out!