Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No Nut Cards



* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

An interesting idea came across my mail box. No nut business cards. The idea is to have business cards that have your names John and Sue Doe parents of John Doe and a no nut symbol.

The goal being, giving these out when talking to people who are with your child at school, like lunch monitors, recess supervisors and class room volunteers would reinforce the fact that your child is allergic to nuts (or other foods) and put your name to your face.

My local dollar store has business cards, and most people have printers so this can be done for not too much money.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is not a bad idea. I am getting prepared for my PA 4 year old to start preschool. He'll bring his own snack even though the school provides snacks. Part of me hates for him to be known as the boy with the peanut allergy but I guess we have no choice since we need everyone to be aware. I may use this idea when he has to go full day in a year or two.

hellokittiemama said...

I think it is a great idea!!!!