Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dust

My allergic child has been having puffy eyes lately, sometimes called allergic shiners. For her, this is usually caused by dust. So I set to work, dusting when children are not in the house.

The last time I did a major dusting with children in the house, her eyes became very red and where almost swollen shut. I cleaned the dust around the house and cleaned her room with special care, washing curtains and behind things that sometimes get missed. I even vacuumed some of the mattresses.

What do my children do? They decide to co-sleep in the child’s room with few allergies that only got a more typical once over for cleaning. At least her eyes are no longer swollen or puffy. My eyes where itchy after cleaning, but at least I’m usually better after a rinse off myself.

No comments: