Monday, December 28, 2009

Tropical Traditions


Tropical Traditions sent me a giant jar of virgin coconut oil. Coconut oil is sometimes used as a dairy substitute, that I have been ignoring till now. Having never experimented with Coconut oil before, I tried it in everything I could think of.

First up I tried it in stir fries, one meat stir fry, one vegetarian stir fry. I was impressed with both stirfrys. The oil did not over power the vegetables, and blended with the chicken very well.

Next up coconut oil in cookies, Oatmeal and cranberry cookies with a hint of coconut oil. We ate a sheet of cookies in ten minutes, I'll have to use coconut oil in coconut cookies at some point.

Then I made pancakes with coconut oil, this was very good and I recommend this use of coconut oil. I microwaved a couple tablespoons for a few seconds in the microwave, then mixed it into my pancake batter.

Tropical Traditions has on it's website Coconut Oil Recipes I am more of a recipe reader, then I create my own dish.

Full disclosure: blogger was fed

No comments: