Saturday, May 16, 2009

Twitter Party

Yesterday I was at my first Twitter Party, hosted by Food Allergy Buzz and Best Allergy Sites I even acted as a panelist on the second round.

With quick snippets people had multiple conversations about food allergies, popular topics included nut free tables/ rooms, difference between lactose intolerance and milk protein allergy. People shared their favorite free from foods, epi pen carriers, concerns over social situations and other food allergy ideas. I saw familiar Bloggers and Tweeters, and some new faces.

With quick tweets, no in depth discussions that would have become interesting, very quickly with so many people in the allergy community. In some ways I prefer E-mails for exchanging ideas, but the fast paste activity of the #foodallergy Twitter Party was very exciting. There were prizes too!

2 comments:

allergy apparel said...

It took a while to get used to the speed of twitter but I really enjoyed meeting everyone in one forum.

kelly said...

this food allergy party was LOADS of fun. i was at the earlier one. hope we get to do it again!