Monday, May 31, 2010

Pasta Salad


We have had some warm to hot days around here, with school just starting to wind down here. Favorite school lunch items at the moment include pasta salad and fruit salad. I used Organicville salad dressings with my pasta salads.

I love having a big bowl of pasta salad in the fridge during hot days, the kids help themselves during the day, great in school lunches and they can be served cold with dinner on hot days.

First I boil the pasta, drain and cool in fridge with a little oil. I add chopped vegetables like cucumbers, carrots or onions. When pasta has completely cooled I mix, adding my dressing.

During the summer I plan to spend more time hanging out with the kids, If anyone (blogger or not) would like to do a guest post over the summer here at Avoiding Milk, give me an e-mail. I have been collecting fun places to go with the kids at Ontario Family Fun and plan to blog their, with some of our day trip adventures over the summer.

1 comment:

smilinggreenmom said...

Your pasta looks so great! I love pasta salad and so does my husband and kids. We use pasta made from Kamut Khorasan Wheat and it is so healthy and tasty too :) You've inspired me to make a bowl for this week perhaps :)