Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Grass Allergy


I used to have severe allergies to both grass, and dandelions, now my grass allergy is almost gone. When I was in grade one, I asked the other kids how grass felt. I knew it felt itchy, and that other kids did not feel itchy when they touched grass. The other kids wore sandals with open toe shoes, something I could not do while on grass. Yet for some reason they did not understand my question, but they knew I could not sit on grass, or I would break out into a rash.

When I was two or three, I remember my Father caring me in his arms over a field, to go to an event, and being worried by how tall the wild grass was, and how it may affect me.

Today I mow the lawn, but not during dandelion season, as long as I clean myself off with a shower, after I am fine. I enjoy walking bare foot in our backyard, I sometimes feel the need to wipe my feet when I come in, but it really is not a problem.

My grass allergy is always more of a problem during, grass seed season, when the grass produces seeds.

I'm not sure what this all means, other than children can out grow, or at least lessen their allergies.

No comments: